Fuerst, Carrier & Ogden
Over 50 Years of Dedicated Family Law Experience
A COVID-19 Family Law Update from FCO
Dearest Family, Friends and Clients of Fuerst, Carrier and Ogden,
We hope everyone is safe and healthy, and is following appropriate guidelines to stay safe. We pray for our families, our community, our country, and all its leaders.
Fuerst, Carrier and Ogden is here for you. However, our office will temporarily be modifying its business practices for the safety of both our staff and anyone we may regularly interact with.
The Supreme Court has issued an Order which continues all hearings until at least March 30, 2020, except cases involving emergency custody and protective orders that may affect some of our clients. Parishes other than Calcasieu have in some cases extended their closures beyond this date. We will be posting recommendations on how to handle various custodial, support, and family law matters on our website. We invite you to check it regularly.
Our office policies have changed to allow us to continue business while complying with safety and government guidelines. Therefore, please note the following:
1) Until further notice, our in-person appointments, consults and meetings will be handled via phone or Covideo chat;
2) All office visits will be by appointment only, and must be scheduled in advance with FCO attorneys or staff;
3) Our regular hours will continue and we will be available by phone or e-mail;
4) We will update clients individually about upcoming hearings and court schedules as we become aware;
5) Any questions or concerns can be directed to [email protected]
Most importantly, this situation will undoubtedly yield a host of issues when it comes to co-parenting, children’s schedules, and work/income changes. We believe it is our duty to make ourselves available to anyone who needs assistance.
For potential clients: if you or anyone you know requires family-oriented legal assistance due specifically to a Covid-19 related problem, our office will provide an analysis of your case or issue free of charge. This may include:
1) support modifications for those losing employment;
2) Custody modifications for those whose life circumstances change drastically;
3) Temporary schedules while children are out of school;
4) Medical issues or emergency concerns.
Please contact us at (337) 436-3332 and note this post to get a cost-free analysis of your potential issues.
Again, we want everyone to be safe, stay calm and be informed by reliable, factual sources. Be kind to one another, and call us if you need us.
With kindest regards, we are,
Fuerst, Carrier & Ogden
M. Scott Ogden, Jr.