Patricia M. Beasley
Fuerst, Carrier & Ogden
Over 50 Years of Dedicated Family Law Experience
Patricia Beasley is a partner at Fuerst, Carrier & Ogden. She handles legal issues related to all aspects of family law, adoption law and criminal defense.
Born to a Swiss father and Peruvian mother, Patricia has a multicultural background. Patricia’s first language was Spanish. She also speaks some French and German. As a child, she moved with her family from Switzerland to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, where she was raised.
Upon receiving her Juris Doctorate and successfully passing the Louisiana State Bar Exam, Patricia was sworn in as an Assistant District Attorney for Calcasieu Parish. While there, she was promoted to manage the Domestic Violence Division.
A persuasive and successful trial lawyer, Patricia is well-respected by her colleagues and clients alike. Patricia brings both compassion and experience in complex domestic and criminal matters. She is a calm and careful advocate, which characteristics make her a skilled and natural negotiator, representing the best interest of her clients as Patricia
seeks solutions that will allow them to prosper.
Patricia is admitted to practice law in all Louisiana state courts and in the U.S. District Western District of Louisiana. She has experience handling cases in Calcasieu Parish, Jefferson Davis Parish, Beauregard Parish, Allen Parish, Cameron Parish, Vernon Parish, Lafayette Parish, Vermillion Parish, and Rapides Parish.
Patricia is passionate about leadership, having most recently served as the President of the Southwest Louisiana Bar Family Law Section. In 2018, she also co-founded the Women’s Section of the Southwest Bar Association.
Patricia resides in Sulphur, Louisiana, with her husband and daughter on their family horse ranch. She plays on a Lake Charles recreational tennis team and enjoys cooking Swiss and Peruvian dishes.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Adoption Law
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- State of Louisiana, 2015
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D.,2015
- Honors: CALI award (for the highest scoring student) in Constitutional Law, Immigration Law, and Legal Ethics & Professionalism
- Louisiana State University, B.A., 2010
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Political Science
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers, 2020
- Top Lawyer in Family Law, Acadiana Profile, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Top Lawyer in Criminal Defense, Acadiana Profile, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Baton Rouge Association of Women Attorney’s Scholarship, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association
– Family Law Section, President, 2020
– Young Lawyer’s Division, Board Member, 2016-2019
– Women’s Law Section, Co-founder; Executive Board representative, 2020
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Lake Charles Racquet Club Tennis Committee, Board Member, 2020-2022
- The Women’s Commission of SWLA’s Annual Conference, Breakout Session Speaker “Family Law Topics”, 2018
- Capital Area CASA Board of Directors, Board Member, 2014
- Young Professionals’ Baton Rouge Chapter of Habitat for Humanity, Co-founder; 2014
- Immigration Detention Center “Know Your Rights” clinic, Volunteer and Translator, 2012-2015
- Pi Beta Phi Sorority, Member, 2007-2010
- Spanish, fluent
- French, conversational